Whether your goal is health and fitness, to counteract soft tissue injuries and joint discomfort, or conditioning for your work or sport, our individualized personal training option is available. To describe how our approach is different, we must look at the definition of movement.
Movement is a sequence of segments (think body parts) within a specific task. That task can be anything from stair climbing, getting out of bed, to playing professional athletics. No matter what level the task (movement) there is an efficient way to perform.
If the sequencing of movement is efficient then you usually feel great, get to where you want to go and never have aches and pains, stiffness or things you can't do.
If the sequencing is less than optimum, you may not feel symptoms right away but eventually the body will attempt to protect itself by reacting with pain, discomfort, aches and stiffness, leading to compensation. In turn this leads to a decreased ability to perform the various tasks you once were able to do.
Our specialty lies in assessing your current movement ability, in other words your ability to sequence movements, so we can then design a plan to improve your efficiency.
We are also trained and experienced to provide an exercise program for the following orthopedic and sports injuries:
Post-orthopedics and Sports Injuries:
• Acute, sub-acute and chronic sprains/strains
• Spine and extremity injuries/pain
• Repetitive strain injuries
• Movement analysis & correction of body mechanics to improve function/skill
• Injury management and prevention
• Individualized therapeutic exercise programs
• Musculoskeletal Dysfunction
• Pelvic and Sacroiliac joint dysfunction/pain
• Prenatal /postpartum pain/dysfunction
• Gait and balance training