Deep Tissue Laser Therapy
Deep Tissue Laser Therapy (DTLT) is now available at Aim Sports Medicine.
Laser therapy is the closest thing we have found to a “magic wand” when it comes to decreasing pain and inflammation and improving the healing process at the cellular level. DTLT is a non-invasive, painless treatment that works by delivering a surge of photons several centimeters into the tissue, greatly increasing circulation and rejuvenating damaged cells.
DTLT causes a chemical reaction at the cellular level. Our cells react to the light (photons), and when exposed to photon energy, that energy directly affects the metabolic process of the cells, accelerating healing and boosting circulation at the site of injury.
"Similar to the effects of deep tissue massage, laser therapy offers a pain-free alternative in a fraction of the time. "
- Aim Sports Medicine
Our Lightforce™ laser is safe and effective and is FDA approved. DTLT treatments (class IV laser) are delivered within 5 to 10-minute sessions depending on the location of the injury. Patients often describe the treatments as warm and soothing. Results are generally observed in 4 to 6 treatments; however, most people feel an immediate effect after just 1 treatment.
We are trained and experienced to work with the following:
Orthopedic and Sports Injuries:
- Acute, sub-acute, and chronic sprains/strains
- Pre and post-op evaluation and treatment
- Spine and extremity injuries/pain
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Movement analysis & correction of body mechanics to improve function/skill
- Injury management and prevention
- Individualized therapeutic exercise programs
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Chronic headaches
- Musculoskeletal Dysfunction
- Pelvic and Sacroiliac joint dysfunction/pain
- Prenatal /postpartum pain/dysfunction
- Gait and balance training
- Safety instruction and fall prevention
- Instruction in the proper use of an assistive device